21.5.13

drop off. pick up

When we decided to put Clover on the island for Montessori preschool (Waterfront Montessori Children's Centre). I wasn't worried about her leaving me to take a boat across the lake, or how far away she seemed if something happened, or that me dropping in would be quite the haul... Selfishly, I was more worried about the timing and stress of drop-off and pick-up. 

Well, months later I see that waving goodbye to me at the docks and filing onto the ferry boat has created this wildly independent, brave and fearless girl. That when I want to see her or the school I am always welcome, and that those visits become adventures for me. That when I get a glimpse of the lake, I smile knowing she is out on the island, exploring meadows, meeting otters, picking dandelions, collecting treasures of feathers, stones & pinecones. And that drop-off and pick-up are the most treasured parts of my day. When we take time early in the morning to walk along the waters edge look out toward the island and dream out loud about the possibilities waiting there. And when I pick her up, enjoying her rushing hugs, her chatter about loving friends, silly teachers and the excitement about her days full of play & exploration.

We are so lucky.

watching tai-chi in the park



line leader
off she goes- Miss Independent
"Oh my, I got stick arms... I give ouchie hugs."

rainy day pick-up

I know she loves school, when this is how she says goodbye to her teacher.

Elemental- in her element. exploring the park after pick-up





No comments:

Post a Comment